Osteba, Basque Office for Health Technology Assessment (HTA) was established in autumn 1992. It aims to promote the appropriate use of health technologies in terms of safety, effectiveness, accessibility and equity, providing necessary information for decision-making.
Since then, 25 years have gone, we have been working with the aim of contributing to the improvement of the health care of the population of Euskadi, providing information and results of rigorous evaluations, in order to support decision making, at the clinical, managerial and health policy levels.
For the accomplishment of these tasks we have worked in multidisciplinary teams, along with health professionals, including health managers and scientific associations, as well as with patients, their caregivers and patients’ associations.
Osteba has work hard also in our work methods’ optimization, both for bibliographic searches, as well as critical appraisal of the different research and epidemiological designs, economic evaluations, identification and evaluation of emerging and obsolete health technologies and the elaboration of HTA recommendations and Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- OPEN CEREMONY
- Iñaki Berraondo Zabalegui. Health Viceminister
- SESSION: HTA in hospitals
- HTA in hospitals. AdHopHTA project.
- Laura Sampietro. Clínic Hospital. Barcelona. Presentation (PDF, 5 MB)
- Marco Marchetti. Gemelli Hospital , Rome. Presentation (PDF, 2,5 MB)
- Soledad Benot. Virgen del Rocío Hospital, Andalusia. Presentation (PDF, 5 MB)
- Elisa Gómez. OSI Ezkerraldea Enkarterri Cruces, Basque Country. Presentation (PDF, 1,5 MB)
- CHAIR: Andoni Arcelay. Health Care Director. Osakidetza, Basque Health Service
- Coffee break
- SESSION: HEALTH TECHNOLOGY INTRODUCTION / EARLY DIALOGUES / NEW HEALTH TECHNOLOGIES MONITORING / REGULATION AND MARKET ACCES
- From new health technologies identification to their monitoring. Benefit health package regulation.
- Pedro Serrano. President of the Spanish network for Health Technology Assessment of the Spanish Health System—REDETS. Presentation (PDF, 1,5 MB)
- Ways of influencing investment on health from a regional perspective in a decentralized country. Luciana Ballini. Emilia Romagna, Italy. Presentation (PDF, 5 MB)
- The role of the innovator. Konstantinos Mitsakakis. Hahn-Schickard, Alemania. Presentation (PDF, 1,5 MB)
- Quality assurance. Decision-making support. Early dialogues. Teresa Molina. AETSA, Andalusia. Presentation (PDF, 2 MB)
- CHAIR: José Luis Elexpuru. Health funding and quality assurance Director. Ministry for Health. Basque Government
- KEY-NOTE PRESENTATION: Health Organization a technology to be assessed. Itziar Larizgoitia. WHO Evaluation Senior Office , Geneva. Presentation (PDF, 1 MB)
- EUROSCAN BUSINESS MEETING (by invitation only)
- REDETS Business meeting (by invitation only)
- SESSION: EARLY AWARENESS AND ALERT SYSTEMS: HISTORY, EXPERIENCES AND IMPACT
- EuroScan International Network history and impact.
- Claire Packer. University of Birmingham, UK. Presentation (PDF, 1,5 MB)
- Brendon Kearney. Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia. Presentation (PDF, 6 MB)
- Leonor Varela. GENTecS. Avalia-T, Galicia. Presentation (PDF, 2,5 MB)
- CHAIR: Nekane Murga. Health Planning, Arrangement and Evaluation Director. Ministry for Health. Basque Government
- Coffee break
- SESSION: CLINICAL PRACTICE VARIABILITY AND ADEQUACY
- The Spanish Clinical Practice Variability Atlas. Implication on health management. Sandra García Armesto Presentation (PDF, 4 MB). IACS, Aragon
- MAPAC Project. Clinical and health care adequacy improvement. Xavier Bonfill. Iberoamerican Cochrane Collaboration. Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital. Presentation (PDF, 4 MB)
- Felipe Aizpuru. Osakidetza. Basque Health Service. Presentation (PDF, 2 MB)
- Mireia Espallargues. From real world data to evidence required for evaluation: PADRIS program. AQuAS. Catalunya. Presentation (PDF, 2,5 MB)
- Iratxe Urreta. MAPAC. Basque Country. Presentation (PDF, 1 MB)
- CHAIR: Edurne Omaetxeberria. Medical Director. OSI Ezkerraldea Enkarterri Cruces
- SESSION: DISINVESTMENT / OBSOLESCENCE
- IZZI initiative. Hans Paalvast. ZINL The Netherlands. Presentation (PDF, 1 MB)
- Essencial. Joan MV. Pons. AQuAS. Catalunya. Presentation (PDF, 3 MB)
- Choosing Wisely. Brendon Kearney. Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia. Presentation (PDF, 5 MB)
- Not do recommendations. Pilar Calvo Perez. IACS, Aragon. Presentation (PDF, 5 MB)
- CHAIR: José Asua. Head of OSTEBA. Ministry for Health
- CLOSING REMARKS
- Jon Darpón Sierra. Health Minister
Last modified date: