Family regrouping

A residence permit is granted for being a relative of a legal resident in Spain who has a Residence Permit and a renewed Work Permit or one that is in the process of being renewed.

Family regrouping is permitted for spouses, children younger than 18 years of age or disabled or economically dependant parents.

In order to regroup the family, evidence must be produced of employment and/or sufficient economic resources to look after the needs of the family and to have adequate housing available. A Housing Report should be requested from the local Town Hall.

The regrouped family may apply for the Residence Visa in their country of origin, and in exceptional circumstances they may apply for it in another foreign country. When the family has been regrouped in Spain, they must apply for the Foreign Nationals’ Identity Card.


Family Regrouping is handled at the Foreign Nationals Office:

Fecha de la última modificación: 28/07/2010